Posted on September 25, 2012 by jolleybrickroad
“Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Here is my plan
1) 4 months in Argentina doing WWOOFing. WWOOFing is World Wide Opportunities in Organic Farming, a program to link organic farms with volunteers. Farms offer housing, food, and hands on work and learning opportunities and volunteers provide 4-6 hours of free labor a day. I’m saying with CouchSurfing hosts, Vicky and Sebas, for a few days in Rosario, then I’m heading to a farm in Ramallo for a month or so. I hope to say in 2-3 other farms for about the same amount of time. In Argentina I want to learn how to dance the Argentinean Tango.
2) Christmas and New Years in Buenos Aires with visiting Peace Corps volunteers
3) 2 weeks in Uruguay for my birthday with Julia
4) 4-6 months in Brazil. WWOOFing again as well as staying with friends and friends of friends. I’m working on learning Portuguese and will probably try to learn to Samba and Brazilian Jiu juitzu.
5) Make my way to Colombia via Peru and Ecuador or Venezuela, I haven’t decided yet. Fly to the states from Colombia, unless I decided to meet up with a friend in Guatemala who will be there for a wedding.
To help lessen the drain on my money I’ll try to teach English and maybe exercise classes if I’m someplace long enough. I might charge or I might do it in exchange for lessons for dancing or whatever.
And that’s it. That is all I know and now you know too.